.

.

Friday, January 24, 2014

A Fresh Start.


Hello new & old friends,

As many as you know I previously had another blog "Fabulous Life of a Hollywood Diva" focused mainly on fashion. I decided to start the new year off right and create a new blog "Emily Phillips" which will be similar to my old one but I wanted to expand it more. I am going to make a promise to myself and to you all that I will try and blog almost everyday (fingers crossed). Also, you might see a few re-post on here from my old blog but I am wanted to transfer everything over to one place.
So on that note... Welcome to my new blog! Enjoy!

2014.


Although it has only been 24 days into 2014, boy has it been full of excitement as well as very very busy. Over the holidays I was able to go home to Minnesota, see family and friends, and dread the unbearable cold. That is no understatement either as I often found myself cuddled up next to the fire in -17 degree weather wondering why my parents ever thought it was a good idea to live in that tundra. One day I was home was even colder than Antarctica... now that is staying something. Minus the cold I had a wonderful time home, it went much too quickly though and before I knew it I was back in LA to my warm weather and lots of school work.
I was very anxious to get back to my home and best friends in Los Angeles, I haven't been away from my roommates for any long period of time since July. Lucky for me I was able to be welcomed back by my best friend and roommate Tyler who arrived the day prior and I was SO happy to see her. We were able to go out and have fun for a few nights before class started up again, which was much needed.

Classes started up again and I am taking on a full load again. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I have classes all day but then get a nice long weekend. The classes I am taking this quarter are College Math (just simple, general class), Computer Aided Design; where we get to make technical flats on the computer. I am sure you all will get to see many pictures of my work in the future. Tuesday I have Fabric Identification which is the second class to Textile Science, basically evaluating fabrics and learning about them... actually very difficult. I also have a trends class that is mostly just projects and evaluating current and past trends. Finally, on Wednesday I have my 6 hour class; Apparel Process 2 which is pattern drafting and sewing. I'm really pleased with my classes this quarter and I am excited to learn so much more. Also, I am really excited because I am getting a car here really soon which to be honest you really can't survive LA without one, I have no idea how I have done it this long. With that being said I am going to start looking for a job/internship part time while I go to school which I am really stoked about.

Aside from school and getting back into the swing of things I have been back doing lookbook and have three more looks I have recently done. For those of you who haven't checked out my lookbook yet.. take a look at my other looks here: www.lookbook.nu/emilyphillips 

   




These are my newest looks, and also my favorite. I recently dyed my hair to a cherry brown so it's mostly red... I did it spontaneously and I actually really like the results. I wish I could stay and write more but I have to get back to loads of homework.

X's. O's
-Emily 

0 comments:

Post a Comment