.

.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Cleaning

Not only am I going to be doing fashion related posts on my blog but also lifestyle posts... things that are occurring in my life/what am I currently into. I love writing it has always been a passion of mine, excited to write for you guys. Here is my first one, enjoy :)

This time comes around every single year where we all feel the need to be out with the old and in with the new... Spring Fever! As I am getting super excited for the coming warm months I have been getting rid of old "winter" clothes, last season pieces or just things I don't wear anymore. Not only that but I have thrown away mass amounts of paper from my past quarters at school and next week I start my second year of college... Can you believe it? Most college students get an entire summer to regroup with old friends back in there hometown but for me it is much different.. I only have 3 weeks which is quickly ending. Times like this you realize how much your life has changed in such a short time, I mean this time last year I was sitting in high school classrooms, 6 hours a day, awaiting the moment of graduation where I couldn't wait a minute more to move far far away and start fresh. Not often but occasionally I wish I could just relive one more day in high school, carefree with a bunch of old friends. During Christmas I had to say goodbye to my home for what could be my last visit in the house I grew up in, to be honest I didn't actually think or feel like that would really be my last time being there. My parents have decided to take a spontaneous, adventure in life and relocate somewhere warm and stress-free (hopefully) meaning the house will be up on the market within a few weeks. Being the youngest child and last one at home I spent many unforgettable years in an amazing home filled with countless memories; the good and bad. I will no longer have a "home" in Minnesota and the few friends I have kept in contact with since high school will end up having to adopt me for a week when I visit... I'm sure they won't mind, right? I will always stay true to my roots though, Minnesota accent and all.. I will forever call soda, POP and say things wrong like bagel, milk, and roof.

 I believe that all good things come to end for something better to start. Everything happens for a reason. Although I will miss Minnesota immensely and it has been an incredible place to grow up I am so happy my parents now get to start a new chapter of life. I strongly believe in traveling the world, living new places and trying things that scare the shit out of you. That's the only way you learn to be a truly strong individual. God created so many amazing things across the world that everyone should get a chance to see. As I write this post I have found myself tearing up more than once.. Happy tears that is. Thinking of all the memories from the past and experiences I have lived through amazes me and all the opportunities I will be faced with in the future. At this point in my life I am discovering my true talents, passions and who I want to be for the rest of my life. I have "spring cleaned" out the old/bad and I am ready to take on my new, bright future with full force. Cheers to a new adventure for all! I encourage you to take a fresh start and do something that scares you everyday, eliminate the "what ifs" and try it for yourself.

I have decided to compile a playlist of songs for "moving on". Maybe something to listen to while you spring clean or reflect on life.

Check it out here: http://grooveshark.com/playlist/Spring+Cleaning/96917223


Thanks for reading,
Xoxo Emily.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment