.

.

Friday, June 20, 2014

It's Summer!

Hello Everyone! I just finished my 1st quarter of my 2nd year of college on Wednesday and I am beyond excited for my summer break. I have decided to take off my summer quarter to travel, focus on myself, maybe start designing my line, and so much more you'll just have to wait and see. Right now, I am in Vail, Colorado because my big sister is getting married tomorrow! AHHH (Pictures to come, I promise). The house we are staying in is absolutely beautiful, I am planning on doing a post or more for each place I am traveling to this summer, so don't worry you will get to see plenty wedding related things. Trust me, you have to see her dress it is to die for. On Tuesday, I will be headed back to Minnesota for about a week to visit with high school friends, I am really excited, I haven't seen everyone in 6 months. After, I am going to visit my roommate Tyler in her hometown in North Carolina for a little before heading back to the lovely LA in mid-July. 

As for right now, I have photos from projects I have done this quarter at FIDM that I wanted to share with you guys. I am very proud of these, I have worked very hard on them and I am planning on adding them to my portfolio. Let me know what you think :)

Also, these are only photographs I have taken with my phone just to give you an idea of what I have created, I am not going to post the official project on here. 

Digital Design- For this class my final project was to create a theme, 4 flats, and 5 original patterns. My theme was Amour Eternal, I was going for a very feminine, elegant look but something causal that one could dress up or down depending on the occasion. Aside from the digital file we were asked to mount it on foam core (to make it 3D). I loved how my final board turned out, one of my favorite projects so far! 



Trends and Design Application: My final in this class was to create a denim based line with 4 jean flats, and then 4 variations of denim. I didn't think I was going to like this project very much just because I am not a huge fan of sketching denim but turned out I really enjoyed this one and how it turned out. I used a similar theme as to the one I used for my Digital Design Project, I designed these jeans for Paige Premium Denim, a higher end premium denim line. I was going for the jean that someone could easily wear grocery shopping or out to dinner/the club at night. I wanted a very versatile line, I think that is super important when it comes to denim because there are so many options and ways of wearing it. My mood was very edgy, yet chic, incorporating some girly pieces. Enjoy! :)

My theme/inspiration board:


Denim Flat Designs:






I have one last "project" that was for my textile class, this was just a fun end of the term project we did. We were able to create a screen-print in Photoshop and then print it on a t-shirt. I loved the way mine turned out and I have actually already worn it. I received a lot of positive feedback on this one already of people wanted one for themselves, so who knows maybe a graphic shirt line is in the near future? Stay tuned :)




That's all for today's blog post! Let me know what you think, I seriously enjoy feedback! I am going to be posting a lot this summer (I know I always say this) but I am serious. Since I am taking a break I will have a lot of free time and I am looking forward to sharing everything with you guys. Check back on the blog this Sunday for a outfit post including my most recent looks and a Downtown Los Angeles exploration!

Xoxo, Emily 

0 comments:

Post a Comment