.

.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Last Night

Insomnia... What a SOB. Currently about 3:09 am and I can't sleep for anything so I figured "Hey! Let's do something productive Emily and blog..." Okay, sure why not? I also found myself signing up for different clubs and volunteer work at these wee hours of the morning. Interesting person I am, I know. Anyways, I decided to pick up my computer and start blogging for a couple of reasons. Number 1: I feel as though this could possible be karma keeping me awake because I didn't blog yesterday.. Dang it! I will include my lookbook in this post not to worry. Number 2: I have been unusually anxious and motivated, I feel like suddenly I want to change the world.. Okay maybe not that far but something very similar. This is a very good thing for me though I was hoping for that little kick in the booty to get me jump started in some things I should have done awhile ago including finding a job/internship, daily gym visits, blog posts, lookbooks and focusing on school to name a few. Who would know growing up could be so fun! Number 3: Writing is an outlet for me. I'm not one to keep a journal but if you were to browse through my notes on my phone or my twitter drafts you would see I often jot down a lot of things. For me, this helps kind of relive some stress even though no one else is reading it. When I write down my thoughts or problems it feels as though an immense burden is lifted from my shoulders, a place to get things off your chest. I find this to be really helpful in a lot of situations, as a visual learner seeing my thoughts written down in front of me makes so much more sense then them running full speed through my head, allows me to get a grasp on what's happening.

I suppose I will share with you my look from yesterday.. I was going for more of a spring inspired look yet something super casual and simple. For my top, I am wearing at button up, crop style blouse that has fringe detailing on the cuffs as well as amazing vintage like embroidery on the front. I love this shirt! It is from H&M, I got it a few months ago when my mom was visiting (Thanks Mom!). Next, my scarf is from a boutique store back home in Minnesota called Heartbreaker, to be honest I think I bought this like 3 years ago and wore it once, saw it in my closet today and was thinking it would go with my outfit and it did! My jeans are just a light wash jean from Forever 21, I am not a huge fan of light wash but I actually adore these particular ones they are great for spring and summer. My booties are also from Forever 21 and I wear these so much. They have been really durable for $40 and actually comfortable. I have gotten a lot of wear out of them and they still look great. Also, they are really basic and go with so many outfits. They have a slight heel making them perfect to dress up or down. Finally, my flower chain bracelet which is emphasized in the detail shots is wonderful, isn't it? My mom got me this for Christmas from Ann Taylor. It was one of those items you see in the check out and immediately think of the person who would love it and you have to buy it! She was definitely right I absolutely love this bracelet. It is so cool it has bronze and metal flowers on a wide silver chain and they have diamond details on the interior. Such a great accessory! That's my outfit of the day! Enjoy and look forward to tomorrow's look.






Now 3:30 am I start to wonder hmmm will I actually sleep tonight, who really knows. It's about 200 degrees in my bedroom and I think my spring time allergies are starting to kick in because I'm noticing I'm getting stuffed up, not too happy about that. Anyways, before I hit the sheets again I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite motivational quotes or just little sayings I often read when I need a little pick me up. I hope you find a sense of relief and comfort in these as I do.

Behind you are the challenges you've met. Before you lies new possibilities. Today you choose the direction of your life.

Never apologize for being emotional or sensitive. It's a sign that you have a big heart, and that you aren't afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.

The only time you should ever look back is to see how far you've come.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right.

Anyone can give up, it's the easier thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Always remember you are braver than you believe stronger than you seem smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you have ever imagined.

And lastly I'm going to include my favorite uplifting bible verse, although I am not the most religious person in the world God is very important in my life.

Philippians 4: 6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything, tell God your needs an don't forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and you hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus.

By the time this is posted I'm sure it will be Saturday afternoon, by at least I technically wrote a post for Friday.

Be sure to check back later this evening for another outfit post and a glimpse at some of my favorite products it have been obsessed with lately.

Xoxo, Emily.

0 comments:

Post a Comment